Welcome to the Old School Room in Haworth
Roof repairs are complete
Work has finished on our major project to finally finish the restoration and repair the main section of the hall.
The renovation of the roof took three months to complete and was funded by a £130,000 grant from Keighley Towns Fund, with additional funding from the Bernard Sunley Foundation and Pilgrim Trust.
The original 1832 roof, has now been sensitively restored and properly insulated and can now be used again by many community groups to host local events.
The Old School Room
Situated between Haworth Parish Church and the Brontë Parsonage Museum the Old School Room is one of the most important historical buildings in the area. Built by Patrick Brontë in 1832 and taught at by all his famous children, it is an integral part of the Brontë landscape/story. Further details are available on our History page.
Since 2011 the Old School Room has been managed by a small charity, made up of local people whose aims are to conserve and maintain the building for future generations, and build on the one hundred and eighty years service to the community the building has already given. For further details, please refer to the dropdown menu provided above, under Details.
The spacious historic hall and fully equipped kitchen are available to HIRE for functions*, meetings, celebrations, displays etc at an affordable rate. For details, please visit our bookings page.